The June 2023 Clash of Clans update brought many changes and adjustments. Most of them seem massive, but they aren't!
Players spent a lot of time wondering why Clash of Clans had removed flags. However, now there are many other things to understand, such as the new troop additions – the Super Hog Rider and the Apprentice Warden.
Plus, this update also included several balance changes. All of them will definitely shake up the game, even though they don't seem huge at first glance.
Do you want to know more about these balance changes and how they will make a difference in your gameplay experience? Read on!
Balance Changes Brought by the June 2023 Update
Since balance changes aren't common in Clash of Clans, you'll surely notice a difference. Check them out below!
Buffs and Nerfs
The first notable changes are, essentially, buffs and nerfs. These are:
- Level 9 Miner HP increased from 1,200 to 1,250.
- Level 9 Super Miner HP rose from 3,200 to 3,500.
- Eagle Artillery will continue targeting Healers, but it'll be less likely.
- Randomness from the Mountain Golem's and Flying Fortress's attack position has been removed.
- The Grand Warden is now less likely to follow Barbarians and Archers.
- If there are many embarked troops on Siege Machines, they'll deploy faster.
- The Rage Spell Tower's reload speed has increased by 20 seconds.
- Other Spell Towers' reload time has increased by 10 seconds.
- Rage Tower's damage buff has decreased from 100% to 90%.
The June 2023 Clash of Clans update also brought many interesting game changes that will impact your gameplay experience. Most of them are minor but noticeable. These are the most important:
- Clash of Clans has improved the Trophy calculation formula for players at Builder Hall Level 6 to 10.
- It has also tripled the bonus Capital Gold for remaining troops after cleaning a District.
- Clan Games must have at least four claimable Builder Base tasks.
- Clan Games must have at least four claimable Home Village tasks.
- Players will see a confirmation pop-up before an attack by a Clan Capital Raid if their Capital Gold storage is above 90%.
- There are no longer Personal Breaks. Players won't be kicked out of Clash of Clans after login in.
- And more!
If you want to know all the changes, you can take a look at the full patch notes on the Clash of Clans official website.
Other Important Changes
The latest update also brought significant changes in upgrades and cost reductions. Times for Traps, Troops, Spells, Siege Machines, and Buildings are also different.
However, these reductions are noticeable for players at Town Hall levels 12 and 13, as they reach as much as 25%.
As a result, players at Town Hall level 12 and 13 will see a significant reduction, 14% on average, across upgrade times and costs.
Additionally, the new update includes a feature that allows players to cancel active Super Troops.
Those who want to use this feature just have to press the new "Cancel" button. However, you should know you won't be able to train more of that Super Troop until reactivation.
Final Thoughts – Will These Changes Affect the Gameplay Experience?
As mentioned, most changes are minor. However, that doesn't mean that you won't notice them. Overall, most towers' reload times are slightly higher. The Rage Tower is the only exception, as its damage buff has decreased by 10%.
In addition, key troops, such as the Grand Warden, have changed slightly. Therefore, players must research the differences and understand the new additions to adjust their strategies.
However, adapting to these balance changes won't be difficult. Most players will enjoy these adjustments, especially those in the higher leagues.